Monday, November 8, 2010

Another productive weekend, but where is Durian Burung?

Last weekend I had somewhat achieved to (basically) accomplish 3 things that had been imposed on me (willingly) for quite some time.

The mission is -- pleasing everybody.

Quite a tall order if you see the list of request.

The first is choosing (or deciding rather) a second (bigger) house for the family. The second is getting a car for my third daughter and lastly a motorbike for my fourth daughter.

Now, you might want to think I must be damn rich to be able to afford all these in a single week (as opposed to Superman who can leap tall buildings in a single bound).

But the fact is I'm not (rich). It's just a simple PR exercise -- problem solving.

Problem number one -- solved -- we are getting ourselves a new double-storey link house in Permatang Pauh which will be built soon and completed sometime in 2012. The details will be laid out in another posting.

Me with 2nd, 3rd & 4th daughters (not wives)
Now for the second problem -- solved -- my 3rd daughter will be getting her new (used) car soon, most probably after her final exam on 25 November.

I was supposed to buy her a car as she will be graduating her Diploma early next year and wants to use it for her attachment (practicals) in Kota Bharu. She had saved some RM4K and she was badgering for me to top-up the rest for the car. Initially she wanted a new car (Perodua Viva) but I said she has to pay the monthly installment herself for which it is quite impossible now as she does not have a job yet.

So since she had saved RM4K, I thought it was wise she spend it buying her own car rather than waste it on something intangible.

But I told her I can only afford to top-her-up for a used car that cost below RM10K. So, for the last few months I was searching hi-and-lo for a used car and had also test-driven some without any signs to commit (to the seller).

But I digress (I always do).

This daughter who is studying in Beranang, Selangor is supposed to go back to college yesterday (Sunday, 7 November) after spending a 3 day holiday with her sister (second daughter) here in Penang. 

The only time I had met her on this occasion was on Friday (5 November) when I arranged for her to test-drive the second-hand (third actually) Proton Saga Iswara in Permatang Pauh.

So, after Friday prayers on 5 November they both came and after the test-drive, she agreed on the purchase. I put up a deposit and the owner promised to do all the paper work/name transfer for my daughter. So, after paying the rest of the cash, I hope to drive the car home before Eid Adha, God willing.

Around noon yesterday I gave her a call to ascertain her whereabouts and ask what time is she going to take the bus back to Beranang. She said she is somewhere in Seberang Perai to attend a wedding function. The elder sister is doing part-time as a wedding planner/organiser, so the younger sister is tailing her everywhere.

She wanted to go back the same night (Sunday) via Butterworth and wants me to wire her some money. I wired her some money, but before that I tried to buy her a ticket back to Beranang via Kajang at the Sungei Nibong Bus Terminal, but to no avail. Tickets to Kajang were sold out for the day/night. So I asked her to buy the tickets at the Butterworth station instead, as she initially wanted.

So, last night when I asked (sms) her if she has got her bus ticket back to Beranang via Kajang, Selangor, she sms me back: Tkt bas durian burung kul 12 (malam ni).

Now, where is Durian Burung, I asked my wife?

She said it is in Melaka... as Durian Tunggal is in Melaka.

Now why would my daughter take a bus to Melaka to go back to Beranang, Selangor?

Jauhnya nak patah balik!

Today I surfed the Internet and found out Durian Burung is actually in Kuala Terengganu.

The name Durian Burung as used here is for the name of a bus company: Durian Burung Ekspres Sdn Bhd. Unfortunately, this bus company does not have a website. But you can view the phone number of its ticket office in Kajang here.

But readers beware: there so many negative feedback from the internet about this bus' services. Read some readers comments of its services:

bas Durian Burung yang hampeh

Bas Durian Burung tipu penumpang

But to be fair to the company, there are also some good views on the services it renders: Hati² Dengan Syarikat² Bas Ekspress di Seksyen 17 Shah Alam

Now, what about the story of my 4th daughter getting a motorbike?

Lain kali-lah tulis.



No comments:

Post a Comment