Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Email to Chief Minister on PDCP regarding Ixora Heights

Dear Mr Chief Minister Lim,
I am an owner of a unit at Ixora Heights, a newly completed project of PDCP, located at Lengkuk Nipah 3. I'm thoroughly disappointed in how the PDCP has handled the issues concerning the OC of my house.

I received a letter asking me to make full payment of the house plus all the interests for late charges (I'm servicing a government housing loan), a 3-month maintenance fee and sinking fee to be fully cleared before receiving the vacant possession. I have hastened all the process for the final payments, plus going to some considerable length to find money to pay all the payments due.

I finally received my house keys just 2 days before Hari Raya. I felt overjoyed, but it was very short-lived when I was told we couldn't start moving in because there was no OC obtained for various reasons i.e.the extra parking lots were not complying to the safety rules by jabatan parit dan saliran. I wonder, how the developer could even consider selling these extra parking lots, like it was an afterthought, and not in the original plan? And secondly, how the architect could miscalculate the distance of the roof from the drains, aren't PDCP using certified architects? This is an obvious incompetence on their part.

I attempted to visit my unit frequently, however was denied entrance many times at the gate because the Guard says he did not have a key to allow us into the compound. What's the use of giving us house keys, if we cannot even enter our house? the maintenance fee was paid for 3 months in full, but we are not even using the service? this is an injustice to house buyers.

My biggest problem is, I'll be leaving for United Kingdom this Monday (19 September 2011). I have arranged my departure to coincide with moving into our new house. I'd like be assured that my family could move out of our rental house and not having to pay rent as well as the loan installments. But all my hope is crushed due to the inefficiency of PDCP. They took 3 years to complete this project, and now the time has long expired. the VP was given to save PDCP from paying compensation, but we're still unable to 'take possession'  of our house in true essence. this is cheating in disguise.

All in all, what is more frustrating is, none of the PDCP top management has made any attempt to address the issues concerned with house buyers. if what i hear is correct, even the "official" front entrance has been identified as a potential hurdle to OC approval, and this will further delay the process.

Mr Lim, i appeal to you to have a serious look into this matter and not let us become the victims of what should be a prestigious state project. I bought this house with the PDCP highly credible name associated with it, and my perception of that is slowly diminishing...

Thank you for reading this email.

With Best regards,
Dr. Bakiah Shaharuddin
USM 

4 comments:

  1. You got my support! I'm one of owner. Shall go press let everyone know how this reputable developer & architect works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same predicament..one of the owners...old rented place not livable..cant rent a temporary place without losing more money.. this apt is ready for godsake..just hv not picked up the keys two weeks ago because I asked about the OC...how could this happen? Hv not initiated any legal proceeding yet or find ways to get compensated... but if we are forced to service the loan (which the bank already says to start in Oct), will look into that..grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am watching this space. Tq.. How did the letter go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Refer to the OSC portal http://www.epbt.gov.my/osc/Borang_info.cfm?ID=224004&NoForm=Form4
    The Building plan was only submitted on 15 sep 2011..... And is now waiting for someone from Technical agency for further action. ... (basically for signing off the OC). I was told that he was on a holiday trip and lets pray hard he comes back in one piece.. They way the agency function is as if this is the only person that is empowered to give the green signal. What a competent department!!
    Our SPA clearly state that VP should with the manner of CCC but PPDC did not fulfill this requirement & went ahead n force owners to take VP despite the absence of CCC / CFO.
    Based on this dispute, i am asking my lawyer to work out the compensation from PPDC similar to their penalty of 10% of the PURCHASED PRICE if we do not settle our payment withing the given time frame from Final date of VP to the date of actual CCC/VP. we need to make them accountable for their mismanagement.
    Lastly, i hope CM does rcv the letter but from my experience, i hardly get any response from his PA etc.... Good luck Mr. CM.

    ReplyDelete