Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ian Young spent RM60,000 to help Fatine win visa

The breaking story in the Derby Telegraph

Transsexual bride insists that she loved caretaker Ian


THE Malaysian transsexual bride who ditched her husband after she received a visa to stay in the UK has explained her decision to leave.

Fatine Young spoke out after her husband Ian told the Derby Telegraph yesterday how the couple split after he spent £12,000 on helping win the visa battle.

But Fatine, 38, has defended her actions, saying she made major sacrifices to move to the UK and live with the school caretaker, whom she claims eventually pushed her away with his behaviour. Speaking from Blackpool,

Fatine said: "In the end he was totally ignoring me. It's horrible when the man you love treats you like that. I've sacrificed my life because of him."

Mr Young admitted he had not treated her as well as he could have done.
The night before she left, Fatine said the couple had a "massive argument", with her husband storming out of the house they shared in Pear Tree, leaving her alone.

"He left me without any money," she said.

Mr Young previously told how he was hounded out of jobs at three Derby schools by angry parents because of his love for Fatine, who was born a man.

The saga left the 32-year-old jobless and homeless, and at one stage he tried to take his own life by downing a bottle of pills.

Mr Young met Fatine while working in Malaysia. The couple first started chatting in a coffee shop but Mr Young did not realise Fatine, who was born Mohammed Fazdil Min Bahari, was a transsexual.

After she told him, the relationship continued. Fatine moved to Derby and the couple tied the knot in a civil ceremony at Derby Register Office in 2009.

They fought for a visa for Fatine after a request was initially turned down by the Home Office, saying she could be jailed if she returned to Malaysia, because Fatine has not had sex-change surgery and homosexuality was illegal there.

Fatine & Young during happier times
Both told the Derby Telegraph how in love they were.

But life became difficult after Mr Young left a number of schools following complaints from parents who disapproved of his lifestyle.

Speaking in yesterday's Telegraph, Mr Young said: "I feel like a fool.

"It was supposed to be the happiest time of my life. Now she won't speak to me and she won't get a divorce."
Fatine admitted she had been ignoring her husband's repeated telephone calls as she did not want to talk to him. But she said there was little chance of reconciliation and she would agree to his requests for a divorce.

She said the matter was in the hands of her solicitor.

"How could we get back together when my husband has said a lot of bad things about me?" she said. "I want to move on with my life.

"I'm living with a friend, who has given me a place to stay and I'm trying my hardest to find work. I loved Ian not just for a visa. I had no friends, no family over here – I was totally dependent on him."

Related news: Image: derbytelegraph_logo'Bride born a man' dumped me after £12K fight for visa
Transsexual Fatine and hubby go separate ways
'Male' visa bride was 'driven away'

No comments:

Post a Comment